Q: Acceleration hesitation while climbing up sometime check engine light appear, high fuel consumption.

I am using toyota spacio 1.6 ltr engine 1997 model. I have problem with check engine light appear during climbing hill whenever i press hardly the accelerator to increase the speed. I did diagnosis of car and found knock sensor alarm. Replace with second hand knock sensor. It work for some day but problem came again. Due to this problem fuel consumption is high. Change twice knock sensor with second hand but problem is same. I would like to know , is this because of knock sensor or something else?

I would recommend checking the mass air flow sensor as this is a commonly known part that can cause this kind of loss of power. This regulates the air intake into the fuel injection and ensures a proper air/fuel mixture.

As you may know, when going up hill and altitude changes, so does air density which requires a change in the air/fuel mixture. When this sensor is faulty and this does not happen, you will likely experience this kind of loss in power.

I would recommend having an expert from Your Mechanic come to your home to enter image title here.

• Acceleration hesitation while climbing up sometime check engine light appear, high fuel consumption.