Q: 2013 Ford Fusion Car won't start and has a clicking noise when I turn the key... what's wrong

I have a 2013 Ford Fusion and when I turn the key, all I get is a clicking noise. Everything else works from the lights, radio, and windows. I went to go crank my car and it started clicking so I got a jump and as I put my key in it automatically turned on without me turning the key, so I turned the car off and went to turn it back on and it came on.... so after that I had my car off for two hours and it did the same thing over again started the clicking noise... please help what's the problem I just got the car 3 months ago

It sounds like you may have a weak battery, a failing voltage regulator or failing alternator. The rapid clicking sound is the starter trying to engage the flywheel to turn the motor over. When the battery is too weak to do this, it will produce the clicking sound you describe. As you may know, the alternator charges the battery while the engine runs by generating amperage and recharging the battery while the engine turns the alternator pulley. The voltage regulator is a unit that regulates the charging of the battery by the alternator and maintaining a certain amperage while the engine runs. When the alternator is not working properly, this may result in the battery quickly losing charge and the car losing all power. You may also notice a whining sound as a result of the bearings inside the alternator begin to fail. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your charging system.

3. 2013 Ford Fusion Car won't start and has a clicking noise when I turn the key... what's wrong