Q: How do I operate the Windshield Washer?

How do I operate the Windshield Washer?

While turning the knob at the end of the wiper lever will activate your wipers, it doesn’t spray the windshield with washer fluid. To do that, you need to press the button built into the end of the lever. However, there’s more that you should know:

• Press the button quickly and the wipers will quickly wipe the windshield, but no fluid will spray.

• Press and hold the button briefly, and the nozzles will jet washer fluid, and the wipers will swipe three times.

• Press and hold for a longer period and the wipers and nozzles will work for about 10 seconds.

Tips

• There is a built-in Courtesy Wipe feature that will wipe the windshield one last time a couple of seconds after the motion stops.

• Don’t use the wipers if the windshield is dry. This could scratch the glass, and it can also lead to unnecessary wear and tear on the motor.

• Never use the washers if the reservoir is empty. This can overheat the pump and cause damage.

3. How do I operate the Windshield Washer?