Q: i have a 97 chevy 1500 and when i drive it will not shift from first ita a automatic should i replace a Solenoid for do i need to

i have a 97 chevy 1500 and when i drive it will not shift from first its a automatic should i replace a Solenoid or should a replace the transmission? any advice will be great

The solenoid can be tested. Other possible causes of failure to shift out of 1st gear are low fluid level, faults in the throttle position sensor, vehicle speed sensor, slipping band and so forth. If it is the original transmission, with 233,000 miles on it, it would be unreasonable to just rebuild it. However, in the event there is a reasonably easy fix, you should seek a diagnostic as that might prolong the service life and save you money. The recommended diagnostic is a difficulty in shifting diagnostic. If you request that service, the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. i have a 97 chevy 1500 and when i drive it will not shift from first ita a automatic should i replace a Solenoid for do i need to