Q: How do I Unlock my engine?

asked by on February 06, 2017

My vehicle 2004 Toyota Camry. Will not turn over after oil top was popped off and released oil all over the engine. What should i do?

Hi there. The PCV (Positive Crankcase Ventilation) Valve maybe plugged up causing the engine to not release any pressure in the engine. So the engine may have built up too much pressure to blow off the oil fill cover. If all of the oil is out of the engine, then the engine may not turn over as it may be seized up from lack of lubrication and overheating the engine bearings and rings. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose your engine.