Q: The bolt that holds the plate for the power steering return lines, what size is it? Is it a torx? Is it a twelve point?

asked by on February 28, 2017

I can't seem to get a proper fit with any socket I've tried. I don't know what size or what shape it really even is. I need to replace my cup seal I have power steering fluid leaking from this line.

The bolt size that you need is 10 mm and the treads of 20 metric with a torque of 71 inch pounds. The best thing to do is take a thread gauge tool and check to see if the treads are the same or have been cross threaded due to another bolt being in it. If you need further assistance with your bolt on the power steering lines, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.