Q: I recently bought a 2017 Nissan Frontier without auto headlig

I recently bought a 2017 Nissan Frontier without auto headlights. It does have the battery saver feature. I was wondering if I can leave my headlights on and let the battery saver feature shut them off without hurting the vehicle.

According to Section 2-32 of the 2017 Frontier Owner’s Manual, "even though the battery saver feature automatically turns off the headlights after a period of time, you should turn the headlight switch to the OFF position when the engine is not running to avoid discharging the vehicle battery." What Nissan is probably concerned about is the period of time, albeit brief as we know, that the headlights are discharging the battery when the alternator is not running.

3. I recently bought a 2017 Nissan Frontier without auto headlig