Q: Turbo whistling? 2008 VW Passat TDI

I recently bought a vw Passat 1.9tdi saloon 2008. It had no power behind it and the car wouldn't tend to shake a lot on start up. Took to my mechanic he put a new timing belt and aux belt Ina md cleaned out the turbo and other engine components as they were groggy in oil. Now the car has twice as much power and the turbo is whistling. Is this normal " returned 0 results..

Hello - yes, it is possible, if not common, for the turbo charger to make a "whistling" noise. The fan section, or turbine, of the turbocharger, spins in excess of 100K RPM, extremely high speed, and any imperfection in one or more of the blades of a turbine could cause noise that we humans can hear. If it is bothersome, or seems excessive, I recommend an engine noise inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Turbo whistling? 2008 VW Passat TDI