Q: Why does my Saturn ion keep cutting off on me while driving it's not my battery or my alternator

Why does my car keep shutting off while driving it starts back up but once I put it in gear it shuts back off again. A mechanic tested my battery and my alternator they both were good what else could be wrong with it

Hello. Thank you for writing in. The issue sounds like it is related to the transmission, and it may be electrical or mechanical. More specifically, it may be related to the torque converter. The torque converter has a solenoid in which helps it disengage and prevent slipping. This solenoid can be faulty or damaged. Typically you will receive a diagnostic troubleshooting code if this is the case. Have you have the vehicle scanned for codes yet? I highly recommend it, even if the check engine light is not on. The torque converter can also be damaged and fail to disengage itself. Either way you will want to look to the transmission and torque converter for your stalling issues.

• Why does my Saturn ion keep cutting off on me while driving it's not my battery or my alternator