Q: Car stutters when you start it

My car has about 21,000 miles. My wife mentioned that the car was acting strange, so I went and looked at it and it when you start it, it stutters. The lights dim out (like a power surge). The engine does turn over, and no dummy lights go off. I am going to have the battery checked, but could this be the starter or the alternator?

A: It does sound like the <a href='https://www...

It does sound like the battery is due for replacement. Slow cranking and dimming lights are a telltale sign. I highly doubt it is the starter or the alternator, especially since your vehicle has such low mileage. However, a trained professional can test your entire starting/charging system to provide you with peace of mind.