Q: Dashboard lights flicker and beep when the key is out of the ignition

Hello. As of lately, the dashboard in my car would randomly show warning lights on and off. The lights would come on and off again if I turned off the ignition. This occurs both with the open and closed door, but always when the key is not in the ignition. There would also be some beeping noise. This happens occasionally. So, I would then have to start the car up again for this to stop. Besides this, I once had the issue with starting the car. I jumped it. At the shop, they didn't find any issues. They had the batery and alternator checked and it was all fine. What could be the problem here? Thank you in advance.

Hello. Dashboard lights blinking are a common electrical issue with this vehicle. Most of the time, if the battery is fine, it is a connection issue on the negative battery cable ground connections. The connections become corroded or loose and this will occur. If the connections are fine, then it is either a failing ignition switch or main relay. The main relay being the more common of the two. I typically test the relay while it is installed to see if it is opening and closing as it should. If it is not, then it is replaced. If it tests fine, then I perform a voltage drop test of the ignition switch and replace it if needed. If you need to have this checked, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your dashboard lights.

3. Dashboard lights flicker and beep when the key is out of the ignition