Q: CEL purge valve manifold

My check engine light came on my dashboard, and my car has 48,500 miles. I took it to the dealership and they said it’s the purge valve. So I got that replaced. Then the next week my check engine light came on again and took it back to the dealership. This time they said it’s the intake manifold. And I have to get the whole part replaced. But my drive and fuel average didn’t change. What do you think? I don’t know anything. Am I being cheated?

A: Hello there, thank you for asking about you...

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 2011 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG. If you are suspicious, you may want to hire another facility for a second opinion. Each time the Check Engine Light was illuminated, there's a good chance the malfunction codes were different in each case and the repairs have nothing to do with one another. It will cost an extra diagnostic fee, but hearing the same diagnosis from another facility may help you feel at ease with the repair. You can also have a technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect the Check Engine Light and retrieve trouble codes for you.