Q: Type of engine oil

I have a 2015 model with a turbo engine. I found out in the manual that the car uses full synthetic oil. Is this required? What's your opinion?

A: Thanks for writing in about your 2015 Hyund...

Thanks for writing in about your 2015 Hyundai Veloster. Yes, this should always be used when stated by the manufacturer. Turbocharged engines create a lot of power which generates heat and stress. Synthetic oil has the properties in it to handle these conditions. The engine is designed to use this type of oil, using any oil other than full synthetic will affect the longevity of the engine.