Q: Wont let me add coolant/water to radiator after it is drained

I emptied the radiator. When I went to refill it, it wouldn't take any fluid. How do I get the radiator to let me add to it?

A: You have to open the small bleed screw belo...

You have to open the small bleed screw below the fill cap on the engine. Use a hose connected to the nipple to catch any fluid so it will not get on the belts.

Pinch off the overflow hose and fill the engine until no more air comes out of the bleed screw then close the bleed screw and install the cap and clamp off of the overflow hose. Then fill the overflow reservoir to the full hot level. You may have to add more fluid after the car runs for 3 or 4 hours to top it off completely.

If you need some help with this, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to your location to service your coolant.