Q: Oil leak

asked by on March 02, 2017

Hi I have a 07 Lincoln MKZ I've developed an oil leak right above my ac compressor. I used uv dye and a uv lamp and it's coming from a white plug/sensor? it goes into the block above the ac compressor. What plug or sensor is this?

The only sensor I am aware of that is above the a/c compressor on that side of the motor is the camshaft sensor located just above the compressor in the cylinder head. It has an O-ring that can leak oil and the sensor should be replaced if it begins to leak. If this is not the sensor then a picture or wire color identifications would be needed to identify the sensor or plug you are referencing to.