Q: Can a 05 chrysler 300c 5.7 fit a 06 chrysler 300c 5.7

asked by on November 10, 2017

Can a 05 chrysler 300c 5.7 engine fit a 06 chrysler 300c 5.7 also a 5.7 08 magum fit it

The long block specified for 300C model years 2005 through 2008 (5.7 L engine) and the 2008 Magnum long block (5.7 L) are absolutely identical and thus interchangeable. However, the other engine components (other than the "long block"), which are easily carried over anyway, may NOT be interchangeable. Due to the critical importance of the engine computer, if you do use an engine (from one of those other years) for your 2006 model year 300C be sure that all components from the other engine are either identical to that used on your 2006 or just carry them over if you are not sure. If you don’t do that, again, you can run into problems with the engine computer. If you are interested in an engine replacement, YourMechanic professionals in certain locales can assist with that. Please simply inquire based on your locale. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr