Q: Coolant

I just bought a 2001 Chevy Impala 3.4 v6 and I was looking it over and I seen it has green coolant in it but it calls for dex cool should I flush it or is it fine with green .. Cause I Ben reading about dexcool in junk

A: Dex-Cool is what GM recommends for your car...

Dex-Cool is what GM recommends for your car. The only issues that may arise with Dex-Cool or any other coolant are usually from lack of maintenance.

Also, Dex-Cool and the "green" stuff do not mix well. The mixture can become acidic and well as clog the small coolant passages.

If the cooling system was completely flushed of Dex-Cool before the green stuff was put in, then all should be fine. If you are unsure if the system was flushed properly, you may want to have the cooling system flushed and refilled.