Q: Timing marks does not come back to TDC after I hand rotate it on a 5.4 2006 Triton.

asked by on March 17, 2017

I set timing up on a 2006 f150 5.4 after installing the chains turn the motor over by hand bring back to tdc the mark are not lined up anymore is this normal

When rotating the crankshaft and turning the engine over, the camshafts will realign after the crankshaft has turned twice. Now, the marks on the timing chains will take around 15 rotations to line up on the timing marks on the sprockets. If you need further assistance with your timing chain replacement, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.