Q: Why does my car say low oil pressure and beep once?

My dash is showing the sentence low oil pressure. But it says that, beeps once, then stops. My car starts and runs quietly and without stalling and I'm not really sure what the problem is. My check engine light also came on tonight. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it because I haven't checked to see if my gas tank is on correctly yet. But it's a major concern

A: Hi there: If you've recently discovere...

Hi there:

If you've recently discovered that the check engine light came on, there is cause for some concern if you're low oil pressure light was also triggered. There are multiple sensors and electrical connections that monitor all vehicle systems; including the oil pressure. If an error was noticed, it will trigger an error code that can be retrieved by a professional mobile mechanic during a check engine light is on inspection. This will allow them to determine what caused the oil pressure light to illuminate and recommend the right repairs if any are needed. Sometimes it's simply an electrical connector or sensor that's faulty, but it's better to be safe than sorry.