Q: When it turns on it does not move forward, but does move in reverse easily.

I have a 1977 GMC longbed truck. When it turns on it does not move forward, but does move in reverse easily. It was low in oil so I put 3 pints in. Could it be that the gear is no longer working? Any comments, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

A: The transmission in your GMC truck will nee...

The transmission in your GMC truck will need to be taken out and disassembled for inspection. It probably needs to be rebuilt or exchanged with a rebuilt or used transmission.

I'd recommend getting some help from a qualified technician who will be able to diagnose why your car won't move forward. Once this is done an accurate repair can be made.