Q: How can I access the rear trunk?

I had a dead battery for few months - I finally installed a new battery. The latch to access both the front and the rear trunks by the door are still locked. How can I access the rear trunk of boxster?

Hi and thanks for your question. The release levers for the trunks are manual and there is a "lock out" plate to prevent them from being released when the car is locked or the driver’s door is closed. Use a small flat-headed screwdriver to slide between the two levers on the driver’s door sill to manually unlock them. Using the screwdriver, slide the white plate from the outside of the car towards the center. Once the white plate is clear, you can pull up on the lever to release the trunk. If you need further assistance in opening your trunk, seek out a technician, such as one from YourMechanic, who can assist you with your vehicle.

3. How can I access the rear trunk?