Q: Jeep 2014 Patriot Throttle Body

I have error code P2179 Throttle Actuator Control System ? High Airflow detected; P0507 Idle Control RPM Higher than expected when I my engine light and red thunder bolt went on in my dashboard. I drive 2014 Jeep Patriot bought it last year used from the dealer. It has about 36400 miles.

Hello. Diagnosisng the issue from here will take some trial and error. You should look into having the mass airflow senor checked. This sensor is responsible for telling the computer how much airflow is coming into the engine. The codes you are receiving are telling you the air intake is too high. The will make the amount of fuel less than needed to achieve the proper air to fuel ratios. If this sensor has failed, the PCM will tell the fuel pump to compensate for the extra air and cause a "rich" air to fuel ratio. This may also be why the idle rpms are higher than they should be.

3. Jeep 2014 Patriot Throttle Body