Q: Engine is on but failed to move

My beetle car 2000 modern, when I start the engine it will be on but if I put on drive refused to move, if I off and on the engine again and put on drive it will move also when on a motion the engine is on but failed to accelerate, But when I pack and restart it will pick up again for acceleration. I need help

Hi There, This may be a result of low transmission fluid or potentially a faulty transmission control module. A faulty transmission control module may cause a delay in acceleration or erratic shifting of gears. The transmission control module has various sensors such as vehicle speed sensors, wheel speed sensors, throttle position sensors, turbine speed sensor, and transmission fluid temperature sensors that all direct information to it in order for it to perform it’s function. Other functions controlled by the TCM are components such as a kick down switch, traction control system, and cruise control module. Any of these may also affect the way the transmission control module performs and controls the transmission and the shifting of your vehicle. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to your location to properly diagnose your transmission problem.

3. Engine is on but failed to move