Q: How do you open the trunk in a 2012 Honda Civic?

asked by on December 15, 2015

How do you open the trunk?

Opening and closing your trunk is probably one of the simplest things you’ll do in your car, but there are a few things that you should know about the process.

1. You can open the trunk with either the trunk release switch located on the driver front floorboard or with the key and the trunk lock.

2. Use the trunk lock behind the release on the driver side floorboard to lock the trunk and prevent anyone from opening it.

3. Use the trunk button on the master remote to open the trunk from outside or from a distance away from the car.

4. Use the emergency trunk release switch inside the trunk (anyone trapped inside the trunk can pull this switch and open the trunk lid).

Tips

• Don’t drive with your trunk open unless absolutely necessary, as it can allow toxic carbon monoxide from the exhaust into the car.

• The valet key does not work the trunk lock (either the one in the floorboard or the one on the trunk itself).