Q: "Key" warning shows up in a car with the keyless entry

Hello. My car has a keyless entry feature. Occasionally, there is a "Key" warning illuminated red. I heard that this issue can be caused by a key card that requires a battery. Also, cell phones might make this warning show up. However I don't use it. I had a new battery installed. I took it to the dealership and the computer module card was installed two times already, but the same thing happens from time to time. Do you have any idea what the cause is?

A: The remote batteries sometimes lose contact...

The remote batteries sometimes lose contact and will not disable the antitheft system. The fix is to remove the battery and bend the terminals up about 30 degrees to put more pressure on the battery so it will not lose contact. This should fix the problem. If you are still having problems, you can have a mechanic come and inspect the key warning light and determine what can be done to resolve this.