Q: Removing the rear reflectors from the bottom of the car

Do rear reflectors at the bottom of the new vehicles do anything keeping it on the ground and moving it in the driveway? Would removing it cause any issues?

The reason they do that is to make them more aerodynamic, so that they get better gas mileage ratings for the Federal Government and so that they get points from the government. So go ahead and take them off if you want to. It doesn’t make all that much difference. The European cars not only have the rear reflectors, but the whole bottom of the car is sealed. That is actually to hold them down to the ground better.

If you are to drive the car 200 miles an hour, you need everything you can because if you don’t have something sucking down, and with all that vacuum they will actually take off like an airplane if you hit a bump. So unless you aren’t driving 200 mph, go ahead and take them off if you’d like.

3. Removing the rear reflectors from the bottom of the car