Q: Battery drain won't let car start.

My Nissan Altima keeps stalling at stop lights, but would start right back up. Now, it will not start up at all. I think that something is draining the battery. The reason I think this is because before, I had to keep replacing the battery. I think that even now, if I charged the battery, it would crank.

A: Sounds like you might be having several iss...

Sounds like you might be having several issues with your car. The car uses the battery initially to start, but once it is running the alternator provides the electricity the car needs to run. If the alternator stops charging, the car will work off the battery's reserves until the battery is drained. Then it will turn off, but if this is the case, it will not start again until the battery is recharged. So a drain on your battery does not explain your stalling issue. But, if your battery is draining after you turn your car off, for example over night then you might have what is called a parasitic draw. A parasitic draw is usually something that is staying on even after you turn it off, for example a rear window defroster or vanity lights on your sun visor staying on. I suggest you get a technician to help you determine if this is the issue. Parasitic draws are usually easy to identify but difficult to isolate the faulty circuit.