Q: I plugged in a new TPS, now I can't accelerate the engine, and my overdrive and checked engine came on.

I plugged in a new tps, now I cant accelerated, and my over drive and checked engine come on, but the voltage reads how it should. But when i put the old one back on then it all goes back to normal, but with tps codes again.

Hi there. Either the wiring to the TPS - throttle position sensors - has a broken or loose contact and is not making the sensor register properly or the sensor that was installed could be the wrong design and causing other functions within the computer to alert the driver.

Check the harness and see if the wiring has any breaks to it and if there is any loose wiring. If the TPS is working properly, then the MAF -mass air flow - sensor could be dirty or damaged causing the TPS to fail.

If you need further assistance with your electrical system, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. I plugged in a new TPS, now I can't accelerate the engine, and my overdrive and checked engine came on.