Q: Power steering fluid leaking in a 2006 Jeep Liberty

asked by on February 09, 2016

The car leaks power steering fluid.

Power steering fluid is leaking Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Power steering fluid can leak from multiple different places such as; the main power steering pump seal, behind the power steering pump pulley, the pressure line going from the front of the pump to the steering rack, or the return line that seals in the rack and pinion. Another possibility could also be that the reservoir is cracked. A power steering leak inspection should be carried out by a qualified technician like the ones offered here at YourMechanic to ensure the right fix it’s performed the first time. Loss of power steering fluid can also cause excessive wear in the power steering pump and cause premature failures.