Q: Car overheats aftr 10 mins of idle, but heater blows cold air. Trapped air noises? 2003 Audi A4

A top gasket job was done and completed. The car shut off after a few kilometres of driving at night and i noticed it was overheating. Towed it home and the next dyay started it with no problems. But the issue is that it overheats within 10 mins of idling or driving - like seriously overheating and then it shuts off. Yesterday i started it and blew heater to maximum - during the period which the heater blew cold air even though the engine was boiling with heat. What could be the problem?

Hello - you have at least one cooling system problem that could be causing all of the symptoms, or more than one problem. The cooling system was not properly bled, and still big air pockets. This will cause overheating for sure, and possibly the "no heater function" as well if the trapped air is also in the heater core, and you will hear gurgling from the coolant system as coolant is boiled inside the engine from the heat. I would recommend an inspection of the cooling system by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Car overheats aftr 10 mins of idle, but heater blows cold air. Trapped air noises? 2003 Audi A4