Hi, my 2010 Peugeot Boxer PV has started with the "jumpin...

Q: Hi, my 2010 Peugeot Boxer PV has started with the "jumping out of 5th gear" problem. It has a 6-speed box. The gear only jumps on

asked by on July 21, 2017

Hi, my 2010 Peugeot Boxer PV, 200 000km's, has started with the "jumping out of 5th gear" problem. It has a 6-speed box. The gear only jumps on load application; stays "in gear" on coasting. I've noticed stick movement on the gear stick becoming more and more excessive prior to the problem and always on load application. Stick movement have been noticed in 1st, 3rd and 6th gear as well, but no popping problems on these, yet. Someone mentioned engine mountings. Prior to my 5000km round trip, I had worn timing gear replaced, which required engine mountings to be removed for access to the timing gear. There was also mention of synchro, etc., but I presume I would find a synchro problem while coasting as well. Any ideas?

Hi there. We do not see many Peugeot Boxer’s here in the United States as it’s typically a UK vehicle. In general, when an automatic transmission slips, it’s due to inner seal problems or hydraulic line pressure issues - due to debris in the transmission lines. In a manual transmission, it’s typically due to inner gears being stripped. I would recommend contacting a cargo van specialist to determine why you are having this problem.