Q: ETC ISSUES Chrysler 2005 limited

asked by on December 19, 2016

ETC has been fully replaced in the vehicle by the dealer but light has still been coming on whenever I'm driving the vehicle, usually happens at low speeds but especially when at idle, it stayed at the mechanic for an additional week but they couldn't get the vehicle to throw an active code, but vehicle consistently throws code when in my possession, any ideas on what could cause this? Note the vehicle isn't dogged or driven hard, and is only used to go back and forth between work

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

There several potential causes for this. First, there could be a vacuum leak somewhere. In addition, a relearn procedure must be performed after replace the ETC actuator. It’s possible that the dealer missed this step. Finally, there could be a problem with the ETC control circuit, such as a wiring issue. The only way to know for certain is to have your vehicle diagnosed by a professional. Since the dealer didn’t fix it right the first time, I suggest letting the pros at YourMechanic diagnose your check engine light.