Q: My car gas pedal seems stuck when pressing on it while in park or drive 1994 Honda Accord

My car seems to have an issue that I can't figure out. I will drive and all of a sudden it seems that my car's gas pedal gets stuck and my car will not want to accelerate while in driving, it also does this when I'm in park, so I don't think it's the transmission. I have no check engine lights. I have had this problem before and it went away for about 2 months and now it seems to be back. The best way to describe it is that my pedal has resistance to it and my rmps seem to fall low down towards 400-300rpms and when I hit the gas the car doesn't want to get past 20 miles per hour

Hi there - I believe the throttle body on your engine is worn out, specifically the throttle sensor portion of the unit (internal component). It needs to be replaced. I recommend a throttle body inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, confirm this diagnosis, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

Hello - I believe your throttle body is worn out, specifically, the throttle position sensor portion (internal to the unit). The unit needs to be replaced. I recommend a throttle body inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, confirm this diagnosis, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. My car gas pedal seems stuck when pressing on it while in park or drive 1994 Honda Accord