Q: Q: Car turns over but doesn't start.

Need help getting my car started. It turns over, but won't start.

There could be several reasons behind why your Honda Prelude will not start. A simple test you can try first yourself is to turn the key to the ON position (do not start the car) and see if the check engine light comes on. If this light does not come on, this could mean the main relay has gone bad. This is one of the more common reasons a Honda won’t start. If the light does come on, it will need to be inspected by a certified mechanic for diagnosis.

A few other things to consider as to why your Prelude will not start include reasons such as that the engine ground straps may have a bad connection and need to be cleaned. Another issue could be caused by lack of fuel and spark, a possible timing belt failure or even a crank shaft position sensor failure. As you can see, the cause of a non-starting car can be one or more of these many conditions, therefore you need a certified mechanic to inspect the starting system of your vehicle and determine exactly what is causing your Prelude not to start.

3. Q: Car turns over but doesn't start.