Q: Need to replace the leak detection pump on my jeep.

asked by on December 31, 2016

HOW MUCH TO DO THIS

Billing question sent to CS for the cost of replacing the leak detection pump on a 2005 jeep liberty.

Vibration when changing gears.

Vibration between shifts in an automatic or manual are pretty similar and are usually caused by loose motor or transmission mounts, but could be mimicked by suspension components. Have a mechanic from YourMechanic inspect your vehicle for any looseness in...

Car stalls when stopped, steering wheel locks up

Yes, this is a common problem with CX-9. Carbon deposits can build in the throttle body causing a restriction in airflow and reaction time of the throttle plate causing stalling with no Check Engine Light or no diagnostic trouble codes....

My car is leaking oil - 1997 Chevrolet Tahoe

Hi and thank you for contacting YourMechanic. The best thing to do is to wash your engine, including the bottom, really good. Now, after driving you will be able to inspect where the leak is coming from. The most common...

Vehicle shakes

You should have all the tires checked for a bent rim. You can check this by having someone follow you while driving on the road. The other person can let you know if a problem is visually noticeable. Another alternative...

High-pitched whistle from under the hood

A few things come to mind when you describe this noise. Do you have a manual or automatic transmission? If you have a manual you could be describing a throw out bearing in your clutch. If you are experiencing any...

Ignition switch issue

It appears that the issues with your Jeep Cherokee are all related to the mechanical portion of the ignition switch. This switch is one of those components that gets used quite often, therefore every time you start your vehicle, and...

How much will it cost to tighten the tension pulley and repair power steering leak?

Hello there, you have several different issues going on with your 1999 Pontiac Bonneville. If the tensioner pulley is loose, it most likely needs replaced as it has become damaged on the inside and tightening it will not fix this....

Low idle stalling out

This suggests that the low idle problem may be related to a faulty MAP sensor since the symptoms you describe point to the low idle issue when the engine is under a load when applying the brakes at idle. The...

Can a bad master cylinder cause the clutch to go out as if someone was riding it?

The fact that you have been driving the vehicle with the defective clutch master cylinder would not have caused the clutch problem if you would have had it fixed as soon as the problem was evident. The clutch was not...