Q: I changed my brakes and they still squeak I applied the brake stop squeak and they still squeak

asked by on March 27, 2017

I changed my brakes because they were squeaking every time I stop after changing them they till squeak then I applied brake squeak and they still squeak

Hi there. The leading cause of brakes squealing after replacing the pads is excessive brake dust trapped between the caliper and the rotor. Typically when brake jobs are completed, a professional mechanic will spray brake cleaner liberally on the calipers and rotor to remove any brake dust that has embedded in between the two components. If this is not completed, the extra brake dust will be trapped between the fresh pad and the rotor. When heated, it can create an annoying squeaking noise. The best way to resolve this issue is to remove the tires, place a drip pan under the hub and spray brake cleaner along the caliper and the rotor. Let it dry for a few minutes then reinstall the tire, torque it down correctly and test the brakes. If this does not resolve your problem you might want to have one of our professional mobile mechanics come to your location and complete a brake system inspection.