Q: I have a 2013 BMW M5 41.5kmi on it: is it necessary to replace rotors when replacing brake pads?

Is it necessary to replace rotors when replacing brake pads on my M5?

Thanks for writing in about your BMW M5. The rotors should be checked to be correct thickness. They should only be replaced if they’re damaged or below the minimum thickness. If you’re unsure if you’re rotors need to be replaced, have your brake system diagnosed by a certified technicican, like one from YourMechanic.

3. I have a 2013 BMW M5 41.5kmi on it: is it necessary to replace rotors when replacing brake pads?