Q: Hello. Do you recommend aftermarket or OEM for the front CV shaft assembly?

There's a big difference in price for the OEM front right axle vs the aftermarket part. I have a 2006 Nissan Quest that needs front axle repair. Are the aftermarket good quality for this part?

Hi there. The aftermarket parts and OEM parts are certified to be operated on the vehicle. You can operate your vehicle with aftermarket parts as long as the part is the same design. I recommend using the OEM specified part as it was intended to be used on the vehicle, but for budget reasons, any aftermarket part will work. Make sure that you read the reviews on the part from different part retail stores as a reference to your understanding on how long or good the parts are. If you need further assistance with replacing the CV Shafts on your vehicle, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.