Q: Gear takes a while to change from reverse to drive

My car takes a while to change from reverse to drive after the car has been sitting for a while. The transmission fluid has been changed as well as the filter but the problem continues.

A: Hello. You don’t specify the mileage on you...

Hello. You don’t specify the mileage on your Focus, but the symptoms suggest low internal hydraulic pressure in the transmission (despite the recent fluid and filter change), or a weak forward clutch pack. If you would like to have this checked, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the shifting problem.