Q: Car squeaks when I turn the wheel.

Ive had this car for about 4-5 months and the issue is the wheel squeaks when I make a turn or when I break. Its pretty embarrssing and just trying to find out what gives

A: This is a common issue with the Audi A4 and...

This is a common issue with the Audi A4 and is often times related to the control arms in the steering. These can tend to rust and become corroded which will cause the squeaking sound you describe.

There are pinch bolts that hold the 2 upper control arms in place that can be very tough to break loose as the design is such that there is a gap in them that allows rust to build causing part of the problem. Outside of this there are a couple of other bolts to remove and these can be changed relatively easily.

If this is something outside your ability to do, I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose the squeaking noise firsthand and help you repair it as necessary.