Q: After i installed new front brakes, they started squeaking..............whats the problem?

After installing new front brakes, pads, and rotors they stated squeaking a couple of weeks later, what's the problem?

A: Hi there, thanks for writing in. I'll b...

Hi there, thanks for writing in. I'll be glad to help you with your question about brake noise on your 2005 Montana. Shims and high temperature grease must be used in this application, otherwise noise may occur. It is also possible that non-OEM pads, if used, are interacting with the rotor to create the noise. Generally, to avoid problems with brakes, be sure to either resurface the rotors or buy new rotors and preferably the caliper and torque plate should be replaced, especially if the car is more than 5 or 6 years old. The optimal strategy is to buy loaded calipers from AC Delco that have everything you need, although those assemblies still have to be greased (included in package) with high temperature grease before installation. If you'd like, YourMechanic can diagnose the noise issue for you and to check if everything has been lubricated. Hope this helps and best of luck!