Q: My Lexus RX300 cannot start. i Noticed the fuel pump is not working. However it works when i connect a different power cable. is i

I've tested the fuses and the petrol pump and its working fine. Now when i try to turn the engine on, the petrol pump wont work. i know because i cannot hear it work when i turn the ignition on.

is it possible to reset data on the car computer? if so, How? or is it something else?

If the fuel pump powers on with a separate power source, you issue lies in signaling the fuel pump. The fuel pump relay can be at fault. Also other sensors like the crankshaft position sensor. On most vehicles, the engine control unit reads the crankshaft position first, so to speak. If it does not see the engine is rotating (cranking or running), it may not signal the fuel pump and/or ignition system to fire. Unfortunately there is no resetting data to remedy this issue. Problems can range from those I’ve listed as well as a wiring fault. A loose or broken wire can be the cause as well. Have a certified technician diagnose the no start condition to find the exact cause. Replacing parts at random can get quite expensive.

• My Lexus RX300 cannot start. i Noticed the fuel pump is not working. However it works when i connect a different power cable. is i