Q: Q: Belt making noise

I hear a chattering when I first start my car. It sounds like a belt or something making a noise. The sound does not go away when the car is warmed up. I have maintained this car in great shape.

As cars age even the most well maintained automobile will need some work. If the noise is from the belt or one of its accessories, then it can be easily confirmed. Removing the belt and restarting will let you know whether or not the noise is from the belt. After that, carefully examine each accessory and its pulleys for alignment. If you need assistance, I would have a qualified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic come and inspect the vehicle’s noise for you.

3. Q: Belt making noise