Q: My car is using lot of water and i don't know why.

My car is using lot of water and i don't know why cause is not leaking but i have to put water everyday.

Hi there. First check the oil in the engine. See if the oil is milky and not dark in color. If the oil is milky, then there is either a head gasket that is burned and putting the coolant into the oil system or an intake manifold gasket that is leaking coolant into the engine. If the oil is clean and not milky, then the coolant is coming out of the engine but it may be draining onto the exhaust system and burning off. Look around the engine and see if there is any white residue on the engine. This would be around any freeze plugs and around the head gasket. If you need further assistance diagnosing a coolant leak, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. My car is using lot of water and i don't know why.