Q: Throttle Controller

asked by on December 13, 2016

Throttle Controller light is on and car is move around 30 miles per hour

This light relates to the throttle control actuator. This is a module that controls the opening and closing of the throttle plate which is what allows air and fuel into the engine. When this is not working properly, this may cause the engine to run poorly, cause misfires, cause the check engine light to come on or in some cases not run at all. This may be caused by connectivity issues with the power to the module, an open or short in the wiring harness to the module, a faulty actuator, a stuck throttle plate or a fualty throttle position sensor providing false readings. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and repair your throttle control actuator.