Q: Where is the starter located on a Lexus gs350

Bad starter.

The starter on this 3.5 liter motor is on the left side rear of the motor near the bottom next to the oil pan.

Q: Strange grinding sound from front end

You may have bent something on that side, notably a suspension part, HOWEVER the fact that you have the noise with the car stationary with the brakes applied is NOT consistent with damage to a suspension part. The car would...

Q: my truck suddenly dropped to the four cylinder mode and is stuck there. Surely this is not normal. Is there any repair or fix?

This sounds like a computer issue of some kind. Unfortunately, high tech scan tools may be necessary to diagnose this issue. I would recommend visiting your local dealership as they usually possess these tools. It is very likely that the...

Q: I have Chrysler 300c. Battery light came on, changed battery and alternator but power still getting drained and battery light still comes on.

Hi, thanks for writing in. This may be a sign of a failing starter relay. The starter relay is a small unit near the starter that directs power to the starter from the battery. When this fails, it may cause...