Q: Replaced 2 camshaft sensors and crankshaft sensor, codes coming back on straight away 2001 Honda Stream

Replaced 2 camshaft sensors and crankshaft sensor on honda stream reset codes and coming back on straight away

Hi there - you don’t specify which codes are being set, which might be helpful. If you’re getting codes that the sensor itself is malfunctioning, it is possible to get a new sensor that is bad - not often, but it happens. If the code specifies a problem with the sensor circuit, that is a different problem altogether. If so, it’s time to get out the volt meter, start checking fuses and relays, and checking for engine wiring harness damage. Honda did have some electrical wiring issues with a number of models in this time frame. The ECU is also mounted in the engine compartment with this model, so check for connector and heat damage as well. For assistance, I recommend a Check Engine inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Replaced 2 camshaft sensors and crankshaft sensor, codes coming back on straight away 2001 Honda Stream