Q: I have a 1990 Jeep Cherokee with some weird stalling issues.

So I have a 90 cherokee with some weird stalling issues. It will start and run fine in park or nutral but will stall when I put it in gear. Also when running if i touch anything electronic (breaks lights ect) it kills everything immediately like a short also wile running if i tap on or move my rear driveshaft it stalls. I have replaced the cps, distriburater, cap, plugs, wires, and countless other things. I also did some testing for ant shorts and could not find anything shorting out or drawing power. I'm really at a loss and its my daily driver so I really need to figure it out soon. thanks for your time.

Electric Problems Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote
Car is stalling Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Seems that the troubleshooting is leading to the transmission. When the vehicle goes into drive or reverse, if the transmission is lock up or the converter clutch is active, the engine will stall. When tapping on or turning the driveshaft and the engine stalling could be an issue with the chassis grounds and engine grounds. A ground will not allow the engine to operate properly. The wiring on the vehicle could be rusty and not make a good connection. If you need further assistance with your engine stalling, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.