Q: Is a 2007 Hummer H3 a reliable vehicle?

Would you recommend buying a 2007 Hummer H3 with 142,000 miles. 1 owner. immaculate condition. Clean carfax. Is this a reliable vehicle.

For the 2007 model year, GM replaced the problematic 3.5L engine with the 3.7L. This engine is pretty decent. The transmission is a 4-L60E, which is well known for having all kinds of issues. The GM 10-bolt rear end is also a known weak point. In other words, don’t expect for this rig to be trouble free. If you decide to buy the vehicle, I recommend having a pre-purchase inspection performed by a professional, such as one from YourMechanic.

The vehicle is no longer in production and all servicing would need to be done at a GM dealer. There may be shortage of parts that are not used and even harder to find a factory trained mechanic. I would recommend having a pre purchase inspection by a mechanic like one from YourMechanic to get the overall shape of the vehicle before you commit to purchase.

3. Is a 2007 Hummer H3 a reliable vehicle?