Q: Coolant leaking from car

asked by on February 03, 2016

I have a slight leak in the cooling system. It holds pressure, but I am adding one to two quarts of coolant every two weeks.

Coolant is leaking Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Coolant can leak from many places. The radiator, hoses, thermostat housing, freeze plugs, water pump, and heater core for example are all places that are common for coolant to leak from. The leak usually gets worse after the car is driven because hot coolant expands and builds pressure in the system forcing the coolant out. A mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, can run a pressure test to force the leak without the engine running. This will help pinpoint the leak quickly and safely. Leaks will only get bigger and if the coolant gets low enough your car will overheat. I suggest you get it looked at before this happens to avoid any secondary damage from it overheating.